New player here

Place to post out-of-game information.

Moderator: Dante

New player here

Postby EvanovichFickett » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi, I haven't actually been to any events yet although I have been looking at your site frequently over the past few weeks hoping to see an upcoming event posted. So I thought I'd jump on the forum and try to talk to some people, make connections, get a handle on the game. Ya know...general noobish stuff =p
"I'll second that notion of a motion!" Lord Regent Admiral Charles Edward Armstrong-Smyth III, Esq., etc. to His Royal Personalityship and Blinding Light of Internal Greatness, President Ethan Blanton I, Sole Organizer of All Things HEAT.
EvanovichFickett

Postby CotoWindwalker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 pm

KY doesn't have many long events a year but I'm sure someone will be able to help out with when the next 1 day event will be.

If you have any specific questions just fire em off and those most qualified to answer will do so when time allows.

Although not likely to PC with you any time soon due to changing games I can tell you that KY runs a great chapter and highly suggest making it to the first event you can.
CotoWindwalker

Postby Cirin Icerider » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah, Kentucky doesn't have a huge number of events, kinda sparse actually, but the events they do run are outstanding. Even the worst event Kentucky has run easily outdoes most other events at any LARP I've played at. They are very good at running for a wide variety of player base, from 1st event starting characters through 10+ year veterans and making everybody useful, and keeping an ongoing and evolving plotline going on for years with a memorable cast of characters, and letting characters pursue goals which can range from modest to epic and make real progress towards them all.

Typically they have about two weekend events a year, one event in particularly slow years, and anywhere from one to three or four one-day events.

You can probably piece the basics of the plot together from the in-game information on the main site and the in-game part of the message board, but if you'd like at least a little more information I can send you some other stuff (in-game wanted posters and such, I print them out before events and post them around the site).
Cirin Icerider

Postby EvanovichFickett » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 am

That would be pretty cool, actually. Sounds like a good way to get into it mentally, since I can't get into it physically at the moment haha. The only problem is, I don't know if knowing a lot about the area before I get there would fit very well with the character that I have. The picture I have of him now is of drifter that wanders into town and gets drawn in. But they'd still be cool to look at, I suppose I can always RP not knowing them =p
"I'll second that notion of a motion!" Lord Regent Admiral Charles Edward Armstrong-Smyth III, Esq., etc. to His Royal Personalityship and Blinding Light of Internal Greatness, President Ethan Blanton I, Sole Organizer of All Things HEAT.
EvanovichFickett

Return to Out-of-Game Board