Thanks for a fun weekend + comments

Place to post out-of-game information.

Moderator: Dante

Thanks for a fun weekend + comments

Postby ryric » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this last weekend. Even though we didn't have a huge turnout it was still fun playing with everyone. I hope the new players return again - it makes more sense the more you play, I promise!

I do have a couple comments/suggestions.

I'm not sure I like the way the multi-NPC monsters were handled. I see the OOG reason that only the "front" can take damage - that way only one NPC has to keep track of body for the creature. But, it's fairly immerson breaking when a giant monster has basically invincible armor over the last 1/2 to 2/3 of its length, especially when those back parts can attack but are immune to reprisal. This creates issues for both casters and rogues trying not to sit directly in front of the monster, and also allows the monster the odd option of being able to use itself as cover. I suggest either having the creature's body tracked by a marshall, or assigning each segment its own body total(so individual parts can be "killed", ala old school hydras), or possibly having the back section simply relay damage up to the front periodically(i.e., once the tail takes 100 damage there is some call to let the head know to add 100 damage; amounts less than the chosen "pass on" amount are ignored until it accumulates). There were also some issues where one end would lose the other by moving quickly while another NPCs back was turned...I'm not sure I have a great solution for that, and with the snake it was no big deal as that should be a long monster anyway.

There were a lot of (battle magic) scrolls given out as treasure. A lot. I understand paper is cheaper than coin but I actually started having trouble even using the scrolls due to there being so many that they got mixed up. Maybe I'm just not used to searching a fallen foe and getting paper + change back like it's a cash transaction at a store. I'm not saying not to give out production items, I think everyone likes that, but a little more variety would be nice.

Please don't take this as me "trashing" the plot team or anything. You guys did a great job, these are minor nitpicks and I'm trying to be constructive with my suggestions.

Joe aka Ryric
ryric

Re: Thanks for a fun weekend + comments

Postby AdamPLOT » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Joe,

Thank you for the comments. We will take them and all others into consideration for the next event. I am gathering other items to give out with coin values and the scrolls were leftover from the past event where a lot less were given out. I guess we kinda over compensated for that event this time. Any other comments or suggestions you have please send to me or post here.

Thank you,
Adam
AdamPLOT

Return to Out-of-Game Board