Weapon-building workshop

Place to post out-of-game information.

Moderator: Dante

Weapon-building workshop

Postby Rhandhali » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:33 pm

Would anyone be interested in putting together a weapon building workshop sometime before the next event? We can get materials from do-it-best hardware (SKU 436193 for 5/8" wall pipe foam) and PVC pipe from anywhere.

Depending on what people want to make I can order 1/2", 3/4" and 1" pipe foam with the proper 5/8" wall at $5.49, $6.29 and $7.99 respectively per four pieces.

This would be going down in Lexington.

So far people want to make:
3 Shortswords (1/2" foam)
Last edited by Rhandhali on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sigmar, Lieutenant of the Willowdark Militia
Rhandhali

That would be cool

Postby Skjaldbakka » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:09 am

If you could get things together in time for the event May 18th, that would be cool. I am going to be needing to make a pair of shortswords.

-Erik Schlintz
aka Camden Rose

EDIT-

I need to make a greatsword as well.
Last edited by Skjaldbakka on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skjaldbakka

Re: That would be cool

Postby Rhandhali » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Skjaldbakka wrote:If you could get things together in time for the event May 18th, that would be cool. I am going to be needing to make a pair of shortswords.

-Erik Schlintz
aka Camden Rose

Vargus right? I think that can be arranged.

If anyone's interested I can have a saber saw/jig saw and sawhorses for people to use for shield making.
Rhandhali

Postby KozeyMTN » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Sabersaw/jigsaw? what in creation are you making shields out of? hehe

Sorry, all kidding aside, if you got arthritis, like some people, you might wanna look into choroplast shield. Ultralight, and easy to make. If anyone wants pointers, post here? I am midway through making one, and i can take pics and make a small tutorial

Kozey
Sir Zazel Lanther
Knight Protector of the Unseelie
My Queen's Shield
Consort to My Lady
Leannan Sidhe
KozeyMTN

Postby Rhandhali » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 pm

KozeyMTN wrote:Sabersaw/jigsaw? what in creation are you making shields out of? hehe

Sorry, all kidding aside, if you got arthritis, like some people, you might wanna look into choroplast shield. Ultralight, and easy to make. If anyone wants pointers, post here? I am midway through making one, and i can take pics and make a small tutorial

Kozey

I was going to make it out of some scrap plywood I have laying around, the only shield I ever had was made of the same stuff. If you could make a tutorial it would be most appreciated.
Rhandhali

Postby sanguineburnflame » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 am

I would not mind making a few more weapons for our arsenal. I would be interested in an ultralight longsword, a possible staff, and maybe an axe or mace. I'll let you know more later.

A definite date would be great. Tuesdays are currently best for me, but when school is out, I will have more free time.
sanguineburnflame

Date

Postby Skjaldbakka » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:35 pm

I will pretty much not have the available cash until school is out.
Skjaldbakka

Return to Out-of-Game Board