Roll Call for April Event? (Tavern preparations and such)

Place to post out-of-game information.

Moderator: Dante

Roll Call for April Event? (Tavern preparations and such)

Postby Cirin Icerider » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm posting this on behalf of Willow and the rest of the tavern staff. . .

Could people who are interested in attending the event post here so they have some clue about how many people are going to be there and know how much food to bring/prepare?

Joseph
(On behalf of Willow, Neelum, Sheena and the rest of the tavern gang)
Cirin Icerider

Postby Dante » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I will be there with about 5-6 in tow.

Ben Loudin
Dante
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 am

Myself and My friend Don will be making the trip there. so thats 2 more.

Question on how your Tavern works. Do you guys do food cards or is it just cash at the window? Just so i know how much money to have on me for food and drinks.
Doug

Postby Cirin Icerider » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Okay, for people who are new to NERO Kentucky, here is how the tavern works:

While you can pay cash every time you buy something, the preferred method is a "reverse tab" where you pay an amount up front, this is recorded and when you buy something they just take it off the balance you have on file, and you can pay more in at any time. At the end of the event the books are balanced and any balance remaining is refunded. This is preferred so players don't have to go fishing in their pockets or bags for out-of-game money during the event.

Now, tipping the tavernkeepers is strongly recommended (there is a tip jar). The people who run the tavern do so for most of the event, and don't get to get out and adventure anywhere near as much as the rest of the PC's. The tavern crew at NERO Kentucky has gone above and beyond on many occasions, they've even been known to wade out into the middle of a battlefield in the middle of winter to deliver hot chocolate (yes, they have done that!).

NERO Kentucky is quite proud of the quality of its tavern. One of the tavernkeeps is actually a professional caterer, and we typically do a full feast on Saturday night (I know baked chicken is the entree for the upcoming event, but I think the rest of the menu is still being decided).
Cirin Icerider

Postby Doug » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:06 am

OK so i know up at the chapters i go to $20 is usually more than enough to bank for food, and sometimes get money back. Would that be about the same by you guys, i know you said one of your tavern people are a professional caterer. so i just need to check to see how much to bring with me.

thanks...
Doug

Postby Cirin Icerider » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Doug wrote:OK so i know up at the chapters i go to $20 is usually more than enough to bank for food, and sometimes get money back. Would that be about the same by you guys, i know you said one of your tavern people are a professional caterer. so i just need to check to see how much to bring with me.

You can certainly eat for a weekend at NERO Kentucky on $20. Personally, I spend $25 to $30 at a weekend event, but I eat probably a little more than the typical amount and am always fighting and running around so I work up quite an appetite (and the food is pretty good, so I often go back for seconds :) ).

If you have any special dietary needs, let us know beforehand so we can try to take them into account.

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear, I meant in-game money for the tip jar.
Cirin Icerider

Postby Doug » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Nope no food concerns for us... unless your making anything with coconut in it... the yes i have a concern..but most people dont cook with coconut so i dont have to worry.

thanks, look forward to seeing everyone

Doug
Doug

Return to Out-of-Game Board