Urgent Message to all Citizens of Willowdark

Place to post in-game information as your character.

Moderator: Dante

Urgent Message to all Citizens of Willowdark

Postby Femorious » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 pm

To all loyal citizens of Willowdark,

First of all, I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Femorious Laramin, and I am the Elemental Warlord of Willowdark that assisted in the defense of Elmrisen and the destruction of the corrupted tree at the last gathering. Those of you who may not know me personally yet, I was the individual wearing the black and yellow jester’s cap. I sincerely thank the entire town for the bravery that you all displayed in the face of such evil. Lanessa has been vanquished, and the land is slowly recovering from years of corruption and war. My elementals are assisting in the rebuilding process that is currently underway.

I do however have reasons for concern that I wish to share with all of you. Following the destruction of the dark tree, I had a private meeting with Lord Regent Teerik. It was his wish that one of us, presumably him, would seize power over all of Willowdark and become Duke of the lands. After years of being allied with Teerik, I was taken aback by this apparent power grab. As some of you may know, the other warlords shared a powerful connection to the tree, and I wondered if its destruction may have changed Teerik in some way. I urged him to place that decision in the hands of the nobles of Willowdark, and he reluctantly agreed. The two of us met with the Lords of Willowdark and put the matter to a vote, but when he lost, he refused to honor the agreement. His sudden thirst for power and less-than-honorable actions seemed to be confirming my suspicions.

To compound matters, I have recently been made aware by Lord Regent Teerik himself, that he has joined forces with Lycor and his armies. I’m sure I do not need to remind anyone that Lycor is wanted for a myriad of crimes including murder and treason. Even at the last gathering, Lycor made several attempts on the life of Lord Cirin. I find it disheartening to think that Teerik’s soldiers could stomach joining the very evil they had fought for so long, after Lycor and his minions had killed their comrades, their family.

As many of you know, when the dark tree was destroyed, our dear friend Mylorn was destroyed with it. At that moment, I vowed to do everything in my power to unite and protect Willowdark from all threats, regardless of their origin. Part of Mylorn’s spirit chose to join with mine to that end. I will not betray the vow I made to Mylorn at any cost. I fear that if Teerik continues on his current path, the situation will only get worse. I certainly do not wish to see an end to the peace we all currently enjoy, but I have doubts at this moment as to whether or not Teerik and Lycor can be trusted. I urge all of you to use extra caution in the coming months, and do whatever is necessary to protect yourselves and stay safe.

Respectfully,
Femorious Laramin
Elemental Warlord
Protector of Willowdark
Master of the Planes
Femorious

Re: Urgent Message to all Citizens of Willowdark

Postby blackwingedheaven » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Warlord Laramin,

While I do not know you, save from the brief meeting at the last great battle of the civil war, I offer you my acknowledgement as a great warrior. I saw your valor in the defeat of the dark tree, and no one could question the prowess you have at your command. Understand then that I offer the following commentary upon your proclamation with the utmost respect and honor.

These accusations you make against Lord Teerik are most discomfiting. However, I understand that Lycor was one of Teerik's lieutenants before his corruption by the forces of shadow. As I know Teerik, and do not know you, I am reluctantly forced to give him the benefit of the doubt in this matter. Could it not be the case that the destruction of the dark tree purified Lycor, rather than corrupted Lord Teerik? Could it not be that Teerik seeks to offer general amnesty to those on the wrong side of the civil war? Why should we not extend the hand of friendship to those who may have done us wrong before in this time of reconciliation? Further, if it was Lord Terrik's proclamations that condemned Lycor, is it not also within his power to forgive those condemnations?

As a long-time friend of Lord Ryric, and acting as a magistrate in eastern Willowdark for some time, I have had some amount of access to the inner circles of the territory, despite my own status as common-born. Lord Teerik's decisions have not always been perfect, but they have led us from civil war, from chaos and bloodshed. Why should he not be given sole rule of the territory that bears his name? It was his expedition that opened Willowdark to the nations of Avalon, and his soldiers' efforts that suppressed the darkness upon the land. From where I stand, Warlord, it is you who wishes to usurp a position that is not yours to possess. As I have said, I do not know you; though I do not doubt your valor, I have seen Lord Teerik's sacrifices again and again on behalf of our people. Perhaps you have made as many, I know not. Though I know more than most, there is much I still do not see.

However, I do know this: Willowdark has just come out of a decade-long civil war, ruining its land and killing its people. The common folk will not abide another clash of kings seeking to prove their dominance over a land that is already sorely wounded. Now is not the time to condemn former foes and seek bloodshed. Now is the time to seek unity and cohesion.

If you love Willowdark enough to be its king, then love it enough to stand aside. Prove your claims through evidence and reason instead of accusation and threats of force. Show the peerage and the people that Lord Teerik is not fit to rule, and then we might consider your words with greater weight.

It does you credit to honor Mylorn's memory, but my experience with Mylorn was that he was a man who loved peace. If you possess some of his spirit, use that spirit to build our homeland into something great--not to tear it down for your own gain.

Know that if you seek power for its own sake, rather than for love of the land, the loyal sons and daughters of this territory will never abide a tyrant--no matter his name or station, or what powers he has at his command. That goes for you, for Lord Teerik, and for any who would forget the pact made between the people and their rulers in the Accords of Avalon.

I thank you for your consideration of my heartfelt words.

Keenan Burnflame
Battlemage of Willowdark
blackwingedheaven

Postby Femorious » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:32 am

Greetings Keenan Burnflame,

I would like to thank you for your honest commentary on the situation. I would like to respectfully address some of your points however. I assure you I am not being argumentative, but I feel clarity should be given on a few matters.

First of all, I understand and respect your loyalty to Teerik. In the past he has done great things. I have been allied with him for many years now, and I can assure you that the Teerik that I know now, is not the same man that I have fought and bled for in the past. Truth be told, we don’t exactly know what affect the destruction of the tree has had on Teerik and Lycor, but it is certain that it has affected them in some way. Neither one of them are the same men that you knew in the past. Should that excuse Lycor from the crimes he committed? It was not necessarily Teerik’s proclamation that condemned Lycor, it was Lycor’s own actions. I would be greatly disheartened if I was murdered in cold blood, and my killer was immediately forgiven of his crimes. I feel that Lycor’s victims deserve some form of justice. I have seen the things that his shadow minions do to people. And even after the destruction of the tree, I have used my planar insight to learn that Lycor is still strongly tied to the Plane of Shadow. The evil there still answers to him.

I mentioned earlier that I have been allied with Teerik for quite some time now. We have both made great sacrifices to bring this war to an end. I was advised to keep my involvement unknown as long as possible, allegedly for my safety. Even at the last gathering, my armies were positioned around the town to help thin the amount of undead that made it to us. My elementals were also launching a full scale assault on Lanessa’s strongholds. Aside from Lanessa’s undead, I was heavily targeted by Tethrin and his minions for many years. Unthinkable sacrifices and losses were taken by everybody in this war, including the townspeople. There are no winners in a conflict like the one which has burdened Willowdark.

Also keep in mind that I am not just randomly throwing around accusations and threats of force. My previous letter did not contain any threats at all in fact. I merely stated fact, and asked everybody to remain cautious and protect themselves. If you wish proof, let me know what evidence I can provide that would set your mind at ease. There were several witnesses to the meeting the nobles and I had with Teerik (including Lord Ryric). I am sure they will verify the truth of what happened in the meeting.

I legitimately love and wish to see the best for all of Willowdark. I have no intentions of furthering a war, or trying to seize power by force. To do so would only cause more destruction to the land, and more loss of life. I honestly see dark times ahead if we all follow the “new” versions of Teerik and Lycor, and it pains both my spirit and Mylorn’s spirit to think of what it may mean for Willowdark and its citizens. Again, I urge everybody in Willowdark to exercise caution, and remain safe.

Please know that I mean absolutely no disrespect in this message. I remember the valor with which you fought at the last gathering as well, and know that in your heart you wish to see the best for Willowdark. That makes you a valuable force for good, and a friend in my opinion.

Sincerely,
Femorious Laramin
Elemental Warlord
Protector of Willowdark
Master of the Planes
Femorious

Postby blackwingedheaven » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Lord Femorious,

I thank you for the time you have taken to respond to my concerns personally. I and my allies will have much to consider over the coming months. I look forward to knowing more of you, and of seeing what you can offer to our great homeland.

Sincerely,
Keenan Burnflame
Battlemage of Willowdark
blackwingedheaven

Postby Femorious » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 am

It is absolutely no problem whatsoever. If you or anybody have any questions or need assistance in any way, I will do my best to be available for all of Willowdark. My elementals and I are busy rebuilding the destruction caused by the conflict. There is much work to be done, but I know in my soul that the obstacles are no match for the will and spirit of the people of Willowdark.

Femorious Laramin
Elemental Warlord
Protector of Willowdark
Master of the Planes
Femorious

Postby AdamPLOT » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Lord Femorious, Keenan Burnflame and all citizens of Willowdark,

I have returned both physically and mentally. First I would like to thank you all for your bravery and assistance in ridding our fair land of the plague caused by the corrupt tree. Femorious was right it did have a power over me, that I did not realize at the time. Upon its destruction I was disoriented, and falling back on my military training and abilities, I sought to establish a true ruling order between the Warlords and Lords of the land. I did this to attempt to prevent any further useless blood shed in the land I founded and bears my name. At our meeting the 3 Lords of the land decided that both Femorious and I had a rightful stake to the ultimate ruler of this land. Not wanting to see any blood shed or mar the celebration over freeing our land of Willowdark I decided it was best to not pursue who would be ultimate ruler of the land bearing my name at that time. Instead I suggested that we all wait and let the joy of this victory be enjoyed fortify our land from outside attacks and then in front of all the people of this country that I founded decide who should be the rightful Duke of this land of Willowdark.

As for Lycor, yes my friend has been returned to me. He was unfortunately manipulated by the tree much more than I. He is in fact still somewhat effected by the plane of shadows and can't be fully trusted until such time as he can fully rid himself of that connection. That said he is a changed man. Most of his followers have left him as he is not the scheming scallywag that they were drawn to. Be very careful of roving bands of these shadow bandits as they are quite dangerous. My faithful rangers have been scouting their movements and tell me that many have joined with the slavers and pirates in the area. I have informed Lycor that he must stand trial for the crimes he committed once a ruler for this fine land, that I founded, is named. He is repentant of his crimes and is ready to do what he can to help this land of Willowdark prosper.

A word of warning to all travelers. The rodes and waterways are not completely safe. The bands of pirates and slavers have grown more bold with the renewal of the land after the destruction of the tree. I have unconfirmed accounts of them attacking ships and wagons and taking all living beings as their "property". This has especially been the case the closer you get to the Wayside Lodge and the area the Hags control there. Most of my rangers and the men still loyal to Lycor have been patrolling this area and have fought several minor skirmishes with them. I myself have been defending the land I founded in this area.

Once again I think all of the brave citizens of Willowdark and the courageous adventurers that fought beside me and Femorious in liberating this land I founded from the evils of the corrupt tree. I have focused my energies in following the path of Order. To long has this land of mine been caught in the darkness of shadow, chaos and void. Together we the citizens of Willowdark can forge a strong country with a bright future.

Lord Regent Teerik Willowdark
Founder of Willowdark
Follower of the path of Order
AdamPLOT

Postby Femorious » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:12 am

Lord Regent Teerik,

I am glad that you are making progress eliminating threats in the lands. I am however still disappointed in your recollection regarding the meeting with the nobles. When we all discussed the meeting, it was stated and clear to everybody that we were choosing somebody to lead Willowdark into the prosperous future that the people had earned. You only changed the purpose of the meeting after the vote, and after you learned that you did not have the support of the majority. I would pose the following question, but I’m not certain I could believe your response anyway. What if you had won the support of the majority? Would it still have been just to see who has a claim? If I had lost, I would have stepped aside and focused all of my energy on following your lead, not trying to figure out a way I could still seize power. Not wanting to tarnish the accomplishments of the night was also my reasoning for not pressing the matter, despite the feeling of betrayal I felt at the time. That seems to be the one thing from that night we agree upon.

I am glad that we both agree that Lycor should stand trial for his crimes. If he truly wishes to sever his connection to the Plane of Shadow, my connections on the Plane of Light and myself can probably accomplish that rather easily. He only needs to ask, assuming he is willing to give up the power that he currently draws from there. The light elementals have fought with us against Lycor and his shadow beasts for years, I am sure they would be willing to help terminate his connection with the beings that have terrorized them for so long. Lycor’s connection to the land and his continued connection to the Plane of Shadow puts all of Willowdark at risk. I do not want to see shadow once again overtake the land. That must not be allowed to happen.

Everybody should heed Teerik’s warnings regarding the dangers in the lands. Much has been accomplished, but no land is completely safe. Remain cautious, and protect yourselves at all times.

Femorious Laramin
Elemental Warlord
Protector of Willowdark
Master of the Planes
Femorious

Return to In-Game Board